Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
GUIDELINES FOR MARDI GRAS VENDORS
1. Any person, firm or corporation, including its agents and employees, which engages in the selling or offering for sale any goods or merchandise within 200 yards of a parade route must fill out a Mardi Gras Parade Vendor’s License Application and a Hold Harmless Agreement with the Director of Finance for the City of Shreveport; badge(s) must also be purchased.
2. Each vendor agrees to comply with all applicable State and local laws and agrees to follow all instructions or directives of Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters or other Parade Officials.
3. Each vendor must pay $100.00 per badge; each individual who is selling merchandise must have his/her own badge if conducting sales individually or separately.
4. There will be NO REFUNDS once badges are purchased.
5. Badges are valid only for the 2019 Krewe of Centaur and the Krewe of Gemini Parades:
Krewe of Centaur Parade - February 23, 2019
Krewe of Gemini Parade - March 2, 2019
6. Sales can be conducted on public property, only along the designated parade route for the Krewe of Centaur Parade and the Krewe of Gemini Parade.
7. The setting up of tables/booths/etc. along the designated parade route on public property is only allowed on parade days, starting at 7 AM, per Shreveport Police Department.
8. Each vendor who is conducting sales on private property must have written permission from the property owner.
9. Badges must be displayed on cart, booth or person where business transactions or sales are taking place.
10. Roaming vendors must operate with “foot power” only and must not obstruct the parade route; no horses, animals, golf carts, bicycles, etc. are permitted; however, shopping carts and wagons for transporting merchandise are allowed.
11. Sales of alcohol and sales of sexually oriented materials are prohibited.
12. “Tailgating spots” along East Kings Highway (commonly referred to as “The Duck Pond”) can be purchased through SPAR (Shreveport Public Assembly & Recreation).
Use of this space is for parking, picnicking, and watching the parade only. The space cannot be used for selling and/or soliciting.
13. A complete list of parade ordinances can be found at the City of Shreveport’s website, www.shreveportla.gov.
14. Have fun and be safe.