As the mercury climbs, cooling stations will be open for those searching for relief from high temperatures in Shreveport.
The cooling stations will have air conditioning, free bottled water and designated seating areas.
Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5p.m. Monday through Friday and 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays.
The following community centers will serve as cooling stations:
- A.B. Palmer (547 East 79th St.)
- Airport Park (6500 Kennedy Dr.)
- Bill Cockrell (4109 Pines Rd.)
- David Raines (2920 Round Grove Ln.)
- Hattie Perry (4300 Ledbetter)
- Mamie Hicks (200 Mayfair Dr.)
- Southern Hills (1002 Bert Kouns)
- Valencia (1800 Viking Dr.)